The Ahmadu Bello University, School of Basic and Remedial Studies (SBRS) Admission form for the 2018/2019 academic session has been announced.
- Sales of forms commences July, 2018
- Interested applicants are to go to any of the following designated Banks nationwide to obtain an “E-Transaction Pin” in order to apply.
- You are to pay the sum of N 5, 000 at any of the following Banks viz: ABU Micro Finance Bank, First Bank, Unity Bank, UBA Bank and Zenith Bank for your “E – Transaction Pin” which the Bank will generate and print for you.
- Visit: www.sbrsabu.org website and click on the “Application” link from the Menu.
- A pop up dialogue box will open for you, requesting your “Teller Number” and “E-Transaction Pin” for validation.
- Complete the form as required.
Note: Uploading your picture (120px x 120px and 40kb) is required.
- After completing the form, a print preview page will be displayed for you to print. Simply click on the “Print” button to print your form. Print at least 2 copies for your perusal.
- You are to print your “Pre-Entrance Exam Card” in two (2) copies from the website also.
- You may wish to “reprint” or “edit” your submitted form, by visiting the “Application” link again.
- For help, please call: 080 8464 8930, 080 8464 8946, 080 9779 3009
ENTRY REQUIREMENT INTO BASIC (IJMB) PROGRAMME
Candidates aspiring to be admitted into the Basic (IJMB) programme:
- Must have sat and passed the pre-admission test examined by the School.
- Must obtain a minimum of five (5) O/L credits from Ordinary Mathematics, English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Geography and Physics.
- Must have successful passed through the BIO DATA and Academic screening processes.
The programme is specifically designed for interested candidates from the 19 Northern States including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
SUBJECT / COURSES TAUGHT
The School of Basic and Remedial Studies Funtua, is science based. Thus the subjects offered in the Basic programme are purely Advance Level science subjects viz: Biology, Chemistry, Geography, Mathematics, and Physics.
GROUPINGS & SUBJECT COMBINATIONS
Admitted students are placed into various groups depending on the proposed future carrier and their O/L credits. The groups and respective subject combinations per group are:
- BS1: Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- BS2: Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics
- BS3: Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics
- BS4: Chemistry, Geography and Physics
- BS5: Mathematics, Geography and Physics
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS INTO ABU ZARIA
- Student must have obtained a minimum of 6 points in their final exams (this is subject to change when necessary by NUC).
- Must have purchased Direct Entry (DE) form and have chosen ABU Zaria as their first choice.
- Must have remedied all deficiencies (if any)
All SBRS IJMB students, as a privilege, are automatically given admission into ABU Zaria provided they satisfy the afore-listed conditions.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR REMEDIAL PROGRAMME
Candidates aspiring to gain admission in Ahmadu Bello University Zaria via SBRS’s Remedial programme must:
- Successfully sit and pass the pre-admission test examined by SBRS at Funtua.
- Have obtained at least three (3) credits and two (2) pass in English Language, General Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Geography and Physics in WAEC and or NECO.
GROUPS & SUBJECT COMBINATIONS
All successfully admitted and registered students are placed into one of the four (4) academic groups:- RS1, RS2, RS3 or RS4. Each student is given a group by considering his/her intended feature carrier and the O-Level credits obtained. Courses in each group are:
- RS1:- Biology, Chemistry and Geography
- RS2:- Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- RS3:- Biology, Geography and Physics
- RS4:- Chemistry, Geography and Physics
English Language and General Mathematics are compulsory for all students apart from the subject combinations they are expected to offer in their various groups.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS INTO THE UNIVERSITY
Admission in Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria is automatic provided a student successfully completes the remedial programme as follows:
- Obtained a minimum of 2.0 CGPA from 3 subjects undertook at the school.
- Choose ABU Zaria as first choice in JAMB and has also obtained the required JAMB scores (which is generally determined by JAMB) and
- Remedied all necessary O-Level deficiencies.
Application Deadline: Not specified yet.